Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Uncertainty

I'm feeling uncertain today. Schmoo finished her antibiotics on Sunday and I've been holding my breath until today. Just like the last time, she was fine on the first day after the antibiotics but by the second day was feeling rundown and lethargic again. Today appears to be the same. She went to bed late last night, determined to stay up until I got home from soccer. So she was pretty tired to start with this morning. She went off to school complaining of being tired and having a sore neck....not a good sign. She made it through the day okay, but when she got home, promptly crawled into her bed and fell fast asleep. Some Tylenol has eased her warm skin, but I won't be surprised if she has a rash in the morning. Not good news. So now we wait.

The rest of today has been busy. It was a sleep-in today, no boot camp. Bean had gymnastics in the morning so there was lots of driving around for Mama. I worked a full day until 3pm and then picked up the kids and brought them home. We've had a quiet evening and early bedtime for both kids. I expect an early bedtime for Mama too after yesterday's long day - starting with 5:45am boot camp, a full morning at work, an afternoon of running around to the doctor and Schmoo's swimming lesson and then soccer in the evening. It's another early start tomorrow.

On a much sadder note, Uncle C, Grandma Lady and S said good-bye to Steed today. He's had a long struggle with his health over the last year or so and his ailments have accelerated in the last few months. Uncle C and S made the long drive to the former cabin to have Steed laid to rest next to the horseshoe pits. It's sad to say goodbye to such a wonderful dog, funny traits and all. Our hearts are all aching tonight.




1 comment:

gladventurer said...

Thank you for including the photo