The Christmas holidays are passing quickly. Schmoo asked today when it was time to go back to school. She's obviously ready to get back into the swing of things. We've been enjoying the leisurely pace though, filling our time with low key activities. Well, other than Sunday, when Schmoo and I spent the WHOLE day up at the local ski hill. Her skiing is really progressing. She spent the morning in "Adventure Club", which turned into a two-hour private lesson. That gave me two hours to myself on the hill. Of course, I spent most of it wondering what Schmoo was up to and I managed to track them down a couple of times. Once to say hello and once to watch from afar. In the afternoon, we found a couple of friends to ski with and she just didn't want to quit. She got frustrated at the end because both boys were quicker than her and she felt like they weren't waiting. I was proud of her though, for keeping her control and practicing her turns, rather than deadheading down the hill in a speedy snowplow.
Monday was an impromptu playdate in the afternoon and yesterday was a work day for Mama and Papa, so a movie afternoon for the kids. Today we had more movie plans. I had coordinated with a couple of the girls from her class to go to the next town to see "The Princess and the Frog". We loaded everyone up in the van (including another mom) and headed over for the 3:15pm matinee. It was a cute movie. Unfortunately our return was much slower as we got caught on the highway to go through a diversion for an accident. We were all cranky and hungry by the time we got home.
Tomorrow is New Year's Eve. I have a big work day planned...being month end in all...but should be able to wrap things up before 5pm to give me time to transform myself for the New Years Gala! It's an event at Schmoo's school (adults only) so I will rush home, clean myself up and head out to the ball with my own Prince Charming. Hopefully there will be some more skiing before the weekend is out too!
3 comments:
You must be so proud of Sophie's skiing. She looks so profressional.
Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas!! Lots of smiles...lovely
ahhh, the skiing photos warm the cockles of my heart. i so wish i was close to the rockies.
way to go sophie!! good for you for holding your ground with those boys. watch your mommy, she's super duper good on the slopes too.
Post a Comment