The Activities
Today was an official sick day. Bean was still running a temperature this morning, so we decided to keep him home. I took Schmoo to daycare and then went to the gym. I was anxious to get a workout in after two days without. Luckily Auntie E was planning to stay in town, so she stayed at the house with the kids. I came home to a sad and cranky little boy. He had put himself to bed, saying he wanted his Mama and some alone time. Auntie E went out with her kids so I snuggled him and gave him some lunch. After lunch he had some medicine and we crawled into my bed for a big afternoon snooze. We both ended up sleeping for 2 hours, with Bean sweating up a storm.
Papa came and got us around 3pm when cousin I had woken up. Auntie E had returned for cousin I's nap and had gone out grocery shopping. We got up and played for a bit until Papa came home and I could sneak out to do my grocery shopping and pick up Schmoo. It was home for sushi and Babar and an early night. Schmoo is still coughing so not feeling great. At least she doesn't have a fever. Bean seems a bit brighter tonight and no fever, so here's hoping we have a good night's sleep.
Schmoo's Favourite and Not Favourite Parts of the Day
Favourite - going to daycare
Not Favourite - she wasn't specific, something to do with her friend C
Thoughts on the Day
It was good for Bean to have a quiet day on his own today. He had a big sleep this afternoon and it was a bit of a treat for me to have one too. It meant I didn't get much accomplished, but it felt nice to snuggle down with him in our bed. I hope their coughing and sickness doesn't get too much worse. It sounds like there's lots of colds and flus going around at the moment, so I guess we were bound to get hit at one point.
No comments:
Post a Comment