Monday, January 7, 2008

Back to the Grind

The Activities

The holidays are over. We were up early (after getting up at 4am with a crying Bean....still not sure why he woke up, but he settled eventually). The usual school day routine of breakfast and getting dressed before one show and then we were off in the car. Bean and I dropped off Schmoo at preschool and headed to the gym. He was happy to go in to "play with the kids" while I went to my aerobox class - a mix of aerobics and boxing. Hard work, but worth the pain. Bean and I did some shopping before we picked up Schmoo and headed home for lunch. We were out at 1pm when Schmoo had gymnastics. Again, being the multi-taskers, Bean and I went grocery shopping and made it back in time to watch Schmoo doing gymnastics for 15 minutes.

We came home and were greeted by Auntie E and gang. They had come into town to do some errands (well, Uncle R did the errands while Auntie E and the kids stayed with us). They headed out just before supper time. Bean didn't nap today so it was an early bedtime for him. Schmoo had a great time playing computer games today - she's got the knack on the mouse now so loves to pick different games to play on the kids website - http://www.treehousetv.com/

Schmoo's Favourite and Not Favourite Part of the Day

Favourite - being with my Mama (ahhh....)
Not Favourite - when Bean scratched her in the bath

Thoughts on the Day

It felt good to get back into the swing of our routine today. Great to be at the gym. Saw some blue sky today too, which always makes one's spirits higher. Both Papa and I are starting to get excited about our upcoming trip to Mexico. Fun to think this time 2 weeks from now we'll be soaking up the sun. I'm also getting excited about my Toronto trip on February too. I've been in touch with a couple of the friends I'm going to see and we've started making plans!

No comments: