Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The potty training continues


The Activities
Another full day. We had a busy start to the morning with phone calls from my friend J in Lethbridge and a quick chat with Auntie E. That meant a quick breakfast and late arrival at preschool and then gymnastics. Bean had a great run at gymnastics today. He plays shy for a bit and then runs around after his little friend F who is in the class too. F's mom and I have taken the boys upstairs to a playgroup afterwards a couple of times now and they have another fun hour of running around playing together. It's nice to see Bean playing with a little boy his own age, as most of his time is spent with girls.

We picked up Schmoo from preschool and headed to the mall to go toy shopping for their friend H's birthday party this weekend. Schmoo was able to get the concept of buying something for H, but Bean of course threw a temper tantrum in the toy aisle when I refused to let him pick something for himself. A good reminder why I usually do the gift shopping on my own. He did get to pick out some new underpants though. After yesterday's success, I realized that I would likely need more than 3 pairs in order to successfully do the potty training. So he picked out some Spiderman pants and I got some without pictures as well.

The three of us went for a sandwich lunch in the mall and then headed home. Bean went to put on his new underpants and we decided to try a pee first. Success again! Schmoo was in the bathroom too doing her own business, so was proud to have helped Bean. We had another few tries before quiet time, but no more successful attempts. The nap was also a failed attempt. Bean spent an hour in his room rummaging around and when we finally let him out, he had taken off his Pull-up, put on underpants and new shorts.

Auntie E came over with baby R for a quick visit this afternoon, while in town taking her dogs to the vet. We managed to find some more baby clothes for both Baby R and Cousin I. Papa headed out on his business trip in the afternoon - he'll be back late Friday night. The kids were good at eating their dinner and having a bath. They were snuggled down watching Babar when my friend L arrived for dinner. She came laden with flowers for me and new books for the kids, so was well received. She had a nice visit with the kids and they both went to bed fairly easily. L and I had a nice evening talking about our trip to Mexico (she and her husband were on the trip too) and about life, in general.

Schmoo's Favourite and Not Favourite Parts of the Day

Favourite - getting new books from L
Not Favourite - she couldn't remember

Thoughts on the Day

Not much to comment on today. It was great that Bean had another successful attempt on the potty. I'm hoping we can start to build quickly on his interest, just like when Schmoo started toilet training. He also had an accident today, so I'm sure it will be a slow process. It will be quieter here with Papa gone for the next two days, but I have Schmoo keeping me company in our bed and Auntie E is coming for a sleepover tomorrow night with her two kids. Looking forward to the season premiere of "Lost".

No comments: