Sunday, January 6, 2008

Ski Day

The Activities

A bit more excitement today. I forewent church this morning and headed up to the ski hill with Schmoo. I wanted to get in at least one more attempt at skiing before we head off to Mexico next week. It was a nice day - not snowing or raining (thankfully). Just a bit cloudy and not too cold. Schmoo and I had a great few hours. We hit the rope tow twice before she sat down and decided it was time for a break. It was lunch time so we went into the lodge for lunch - including fries and hot cocoa. We managed three more tries on the rope tow before she was finished. One time she even rode the lift all by herself. Unfortunately she was fine until she got to the top and couldn't get herself moved away from the rope and started to slide down until I caught her. We saw a few of her friends (and a couple of mine) up at the hill, which always makes it more fun.

Papa and Bean had a "home day". The hung out inside most of the day, but did manage to get out to clean the backyard up and play hopscotch on the driveway. Bean was napping when we got back so we tried to have a quiet house for the afternoon. We all had dinner together - chicken pot pie and then after Babar the kids headed to bed. Back to the grind of preschool and activities tomorrow!

Schmoo's Favourite and Not Favourite Parts of the Day

Favourite - going skiing
Not Favourite - falling off the rope

Thoughts on the Day

It's so much fun now that Schmoo is getting to an age where we can do activities together. I'm really looking forward to when we can all go out skiing together. In the meantime, it feels great to be teaching her something that I learned to do when I was a kid.

No comments: